- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemistry or material science engineering is preferred).
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience of which five years’ in a medium managerial position within quality function.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels.
- Deep knowledge on solid fuel energy, refuse-derived fuel (RDF), alternative fuel or combustion processes.
- Knowledge of the aggregate and concrete manufacturing process.
- Deep knowledge of quality control (QC) standards and specifications.
- Knowledge or experience on operations of cement will be an advantage.
- Managing the QC activities across sites.
- Establishes laboratory practices and ensures that they are performed accurately and precisely in accordance with established standards.
- Formulate plant specific quality policies and strategies.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Design raw mixes based on available and usable raw materials.
- Be able to qualify alternative raw materials based on chemical and physical attributes.
- Plan and execute daily quality activities.
- Identify and record quality issues and initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance in the product.
- Control further processing or delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Properly resolve and investigate customer concerns and complaints.
- Work with warehouse and purchasing to establish spare parts inventory for laboratory and recommend stocking levels.
- Implementing and executing inspection, testing, and evaluation methods to ensure that products adhere closely to company and ISO standards.
- Prepare reports by collecting data on inspections or other aspects.
- Monitoring the production line and doing periodic quality control checks.
- Working together with the operations team to discuss solutions to quality issues.
- Satisfying customer expectations about the product’s quality.
- Auditing materials provided by suppliers to assure quality before incorporation into the product.
- Assessing the product’s quality by testing for a range of features like heat value, temperature, humidity, ash, chlorine, etc.
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions.
- Setting annual training plan for QA teams for individual development purposes.
- Keeping expenses’ monitoring and scheduling of own budget.
- Apply quality knowledge for the development, monitoring and improvement of production standards and methods to meet customer needs through controlling and maintaining process control standards.
- Provide direction for new product applications, product development and product enhancements.
- Assist in the development of systems and procedures for the reduction of out of specification products, product manufacturing costs and waste.
- Direct and coordinate quality system audits, failure analysis and the development and monitoring of efficiencies and standards to meet goals and objectives.
- Perform complete design recipes according to the required “NORMS” with best utilization of raw materials and lowest production cost.
- Direct the testing of all the raw materials for concrete.
- Ensure that it is done with sufficient frequency.
- Ensuring implementation of health, safety and environment (HSE) policy and rules within QA department.
Interested candidates are welcomed to send us their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Quality Control
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minya
Company: Misr Cement Qena